Social media is fast becoming a vital part of modern marketing for businesses and building brands.
If you are not taking advantage of this social media wave, your business is missing out especially as research has stated that more people follow brands on social media than they follow celebrities.
Here are some benefits of social media for brand building for your business.
1. Increase brand awareness – the most obvious benefit of using social media for brand building is increasing brand awareness, with nearly half of the world’s population on social media, it is the best place to target new customers whilst also connecting with you existing customers.
Investing a couple of hours, a week for your social media platforms could see an increase in brand awareness
2. Brand Loyalty – every business should actively seek to create a loyal fan base as it is known now a Tribe, social media allows you to actively communicate with your consumers thereby creating a mutual relationship.
The Millennials generation are known for being the most brand loyal customers of all the generations, research shows that 62% of this generation are more loyal to brands that engage with them on social media. this highlights why it is important to have social media marketing for your brand and business.
3. Cost Effective – social media marketing is one of the cheapest ways to market your brand or business, it is free to set up accounts on most platforms and any paid promotions can be done as and when needed, if at all needed.
4. Making your brand human – people like to buy from people, or at least if it is a big corporation, they like to know about the brand values, cultures etc. social media can help to humanize your brand and show your businesses personality.
5. Establish your brand as an authority in your field – social media is a great way to become an expert in your industry by posting well written and insightful content and being the go-to source of information in your field. this is also a good way to build consumer trust.
Research conducted 2018 Edelman Trust Barometer found that 63% of people trust technical experts compared to the 42% of people that trust businesses.
6. Increase website and business traffic – social media ads and posts are a great way to lead customers to your website and to generally generate interest for your business. participating in social chats and engaging with people on your social media platforms is a get way to increase visibility.
your social media posts should include your website address in all posts, but in a promotional way, more in a great source of information way.
7. Partner with influencers in your field – word of mouth referrals drives 20 to 50 percent of all purchasing decisions made by consumers, if you can get people talking about your brand on social media platforms that translates to sales for your business by building credibility and brand awareness.
A good way to get more word of mouth referrals is to partner up with social media influencers in your field that have a large following. research shows that partnering up with an influencer can give your brand 4 times more lift than collaborating with a celebrity.
Conclusion – The advantages of social media are numerous, if you haven’t started using social media for your business, this list should help you start. what are you waiting for!!